Go To: Site Map Go To: Home Go To: School Calendar Go To: Contact Go To: Site Search

about dcps

new residents

our school board

our superintendent

dcps departments


frequently asked questions

leadership team


points of pride

safe schools prevention / intervention programs

about dcps

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I find out what school my child attends?
The Pupil Placement Department handles student registration and placement. Call 904-390-2144 for more information.

How can I enroll my child in school?
A parent or guardian must go to the school and show documentation of current residence; immunization; date of birth; and a physical within the last twelve months. If transferring from another city or state, a parent or guardian must show proof of previous residence and official school records. Kindergarten students must be five years of age on or before September 1 of the school year. First-grade students must be six on or before September 1 and must show proof of completion of kindergarten. For more information, contact 904-390-2144.

When is the first day of school, the last day of school, or Spring Break?
Information regarding the school calendar and holidays can be accessed on this website by clicking here or by clicking the calendar link at right. You may also contact the Communications Department at 904-390-2126.


When are applications for Magnet Programs accepted?
The general application period for Magnet Programs is January-February of each academic school year. For more information about Magnet Programs, contact 904-390-2082 or visit the website.

What exceptional student education programs are offered by Duval County Public Schools?

Services are provided for students who are mentally handicapped, emotionally handicapped, specific learning disabled, sensory impaired, speech and language impaired, physically impaired, hospital/homebound, autistic, gifted, and developmentally delayed. Occupational and physical therapy are also available. For more information, contact Exceptional Student Education at 904-390-2076 or visit the website.

How can I get a copy of my transcript?
Most student transcripts can be obtained by calling the Microfilm/Student Records Department at 904-390-2088. Transcripts of students enrolled in a Duval County public school within two years may still be available at the last school attended.


Is bus transportation available for my child?
State law requires bus transportation for students who live two miles or more from the schools they currently attend. The school district also provides special bus services for students in Exceptional Education programs, regardless of distance, under specific guidelines. For more information, contact the Transportation Department at 904-858-6200. For bus stop information, please visit the Transportation website.

As a parent, how can I get involved?
Parent involvement is important to Duval County Public Schools. Numerous opportunities exist through PTA and School Advisory Councils. For more information on volunteering please visit the Volunteer Programs web page. For information on PTA, please click here and for information regarding School Advisory Councils, please click here.

Business partnerships are also welcomed. For more information, contact your area school or the school district's Community Involvement Office at 904-390-2960.

If you have questions for the webmaster, an email link is located on the bottom right of every web page on our site.


Go To: Legal Disclaimer Go To: Privacy Policy